Looking for a bit of excitement?
Ocean/Bay charters head out 7 Days a Week and leave from either Beach Street, Queenscliff or Sorrento Pier. We welcome adults only on our ocean/bay. Sorry, Offshore trips are not suitable for children. Please note you may be sharing the boat with others. If you have 13 people you will have the boat to yourselves.
PLEASE NOTE: Offshore Trips are “NOT AVAILABLE TO BOOK ONLINE” – Telephone 0458 504 058 or Email Bookings only please.
Full Payment required at time of booking via Credit Card.
WHAT WE TARGET
Because we are fishing Port Phillip Bay and Bass Strait we can “target” a wide range of different species. When fishing Offshore add Shark to your list – Thresher, Mako and Tiger Flathead in season. Of course it is happy days when Snapper and Kingfish are about!
We also go for many of the fish we catch on our Bay Fishing Trips including Snapper, King George Whiting, Flathead, Squid, Australian Salmon, just to name a few.
Our trips take into account tides and we aim to fish at premium times. Morning trips depart between 5.00am and 7.00am and afternoon trips between 11.00am and 2.30pm
WHERE WE FISH
We endeavor to go out through the Heads and fish in Bass Strait weather permitting… meaning winds, tides & swell (as per AMSA restrictions). This is left up to the skippers discretion as to the location of the fishing trip on the day, safety is paramount!
If the conditions are not suitable for fishing offshore we fish in the Bay near Point Nepean, Quarantine Bay, Portsea, Queenscliff, Sorrento and Mornington Peninsula depending on weather conditions and where the fish are biting.
WHAT TO BRING
- Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence
- Your own food (no bananas allowed) and drinks (alcohol is permitted in moderation; we recommend a maximum of one can an hour)
- Esky and ice to store your food and drinks and bring home your catch
- Sunscreen, warm jacket and sunglasses
- Please ensure you wear suitable layered fishing clothing and footwear.
- All gear including rods, reels, tackle and fresh bait
- Tea and Coffee for your convenience
- On boat assistance from our experienced and friendly Skipper and Deckhand
- Your fish is cleaned, filleted and bagged onboard ready to take home
- Toilet on board
- BBQ available – please let us know at time of Booking.. You can either self cater or we can organise catering for you at an additional cost.
- Safety equipment to survey and full safety briefing takes place before departure.
- All fish caught are cleaned and filleted on the boat by our Skipper and Deckhand, bagged up ready for your to take home and eat.
- If you your booking needs to be cancelled due to weather we will call you the day before your departure after 5pm.
- Arrive at Queenscliff Harbour 10 minutes before departure
- Ensure you have a light meal before your trip
- If you require travel calm tablets please consult your pharmacist the day prior to your trip
- You can bring alcohol on board, we ask is that it is in cans not glass stubbies and.. in moderation please.