Kyena is the perfect boat for the first time Angler or for those who want to stay within the safe sheltered waters of Port Phillip Bay. Our most popular trip is our Half Day 5 Hour Charter, although we have trips available from 4 to 8 hours.
We welcome individuals and can buddy you up with others or bring along your group. If you have 12 people you will have the boat to yourselves. We welcome individuals and groups of all ages (from 6 years) and abilities.
WHAT WE TARGET
These days we are proud to offer an improved variety of fishing options and target species to our list. Sure we still fish the reefs for species such as Snapper, Leatherjacket and Perch, but now we also troll for Salmon when the tide is suitable or the birds are “working” the water in the area.
We now also travel up the bay to the sheltered waters in and around Swan Bay to anchor up for Whiting, Pinkies/Snapper and Calamari.
Alternatively on longer trips we may travel further up the bay towards St Leonard’s where we also target Flathead, Whiting, Calamari and the occasional Gummy Shark caught as a by-catch. By-catches include Gummy Shark, Barracuda, Trevally, Short-Finned Pike, Blue Throat Wrasse, Arrow-Squid, Gurnard, Blue Devil Fish, Garfish, Sweep and many others.
WHERE WE FISH
We fish in the Bay near Point Nepean, Quarantine Bay, Portsea, Queenscliff, Swan Bay and St Leonards depending on weather conditions and where the fish are biting. All of our fishing is done within Port Phillip Bay.
WHAT TO BRING
- Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence
- Your own food (no bananas allowed) and drinks (alcohol is permitted in moderation; we recommend a maximum of one can an hour)
- Esky to store your food and drinks and bring home your catch
- Sunscreen, warm jacket and sunglasses
- Please ensure you wear sutiable layered fishing clothing and footwear.
- All gear including rods, reels, tackle and fresh bait
- On boat assistance from our experienced and friendly Skipper and Deckhand
- Your fish is cleaned, filleted and bagged onboard ready to take home
- Marine toilet onboard
- Simply portable BBQ available for use by groups only
- Safety equipment to survey and full safety briefing takes place before departure.
Kyena, our custom built 32 foot vessel has been lovingly restored and maintained. She has plenty of room. She is surveyed to travel inside the Bay, she is not permitted to go outside the heads.
- Once you are booked assume your booking is going ahead, in very bad conditions the trip will be cancelled. You will receive a text or phone call after 5:30pm once we get the latest weather update
- Arrive at Queenscliff Harbour 10 minutes before departure
- Ensure you have a light meal before your trip
- If you require travel calm tablets please consult your pharmacist the day prior to your trip
- Kindly consider your child’s abilities when bringing very young children under 6 years on board as they will be put in a high risk situation. There are hooks and knives on board. There is limited space and possibility of a rocking boat. If they do become sea sick we will not return to the Harbour.
Prices start at $100 Per Adult for a 4 Hour trip and increase by $10 Per Person, Per Hour
- 4 hours
- 4 hours
- 5 hours
- 5 hours
Gummy Shark Fishing
- 4+ hours
* Childrens prices are for kids from 6 years up to and including 12 years old.
The length of our Charters vary from 4 hours to 8 hours.
Our most popular trip is the 5 Hour Bay Fishing Charter.
“On January 21, 2012 I was extremely fortunate to take the 6hr charter (later in the afternoon. I would like to tank the crew, captain and everyone aligned with the charter for a memorable trip. Regardless if the weather was a bit windy, and the fact that we caught “bunches” of nice flatheads I was pleased beyond belief. I learned a lot about the ocean, about saltwater fishing, rigging and boating It was a truly memorable Fishing Trip. I was/am an avid Freshwater Fisherman (being American) But I think you changed that!. The crew was helpful courteous and professional. I hope to book another charter sometime in the near future. Again thank you for making my trip a wonderful experience”.